Adoption Referral Program
The Cat Network, Inc. has an adoption referral program available to members only, which assists in finding homes for rescued stray cats and kittens. Potential adopters are thoroughly screened over the phone and at shows. Anyone who is interested in joining the program must follow the following rules (NO EXCEPTIONS):
- You must be a member
- No kittens under the age of 8 weeks may be adopted
- Your cat(s) must be spayed/neutered if 4 months or older or 3 months at time of adoption. (Note: If kitten is under 3 months & has not been sterilized, you must collect a $50.00 deposit in the form of a check made payable to Cat Network, Inc. from the adopter. The deposit will be refunded upon receipt of satisfactory proof that kitten has been spayed or neutered by the age of four months by the new guardian.)
- Your cat(s) must be tested for Feline leukemia (FeLV) and Aids (FIV).*
- Your cat(s) must be free of intestinal parasites, mange, ringworm and ear mites.*
- Your cat(s) must be vaccinated with FVRCP at time of listing; if ≥4 months old rabies is also required*
- You must foster your cat(s) indoors at all times until adopted into a permanent home.
- You must have your cat(s) listed with the adoption line (call 305/255-3482 x2) and provide animal’s name, description, month/year of birth, gender and whether or not it is sterilized. If testing/vaccinating done outside Cat Network, listing must be received by Wednesday to be eligible to show on Saturday.
- You must deliver your cat to its new home; exceptions may apply.
- New adoption program participants must also include their name, phone number(s), area (South, North, etc.), and whether they will consider 1) indoor only, indoor/outdoor or outdoor, 2) children under 6, children under 12, no children, and 3) declaw or no declaw.
* Must provide proof by veterinary records (call 305/255-3482 x2 to make arrangements) or bring the cat(s) to one of our vet clinics. Call clinic coordinator, not the vet clinic, to make an appointment.
Upon adoption, you and adopter sign a contract and you collect the adoption donation of $75 for cats that are not microchipped or $85 for microchipped cats. Higher adoption fee may apply for purebred type cats. You must return a copy of the contract to Cat Network (keep a copy of contract and medical record for your own records). All of our adoptions are returnable if cat is unsuitable for new household, for any reason. It will be your responsibility to take the cat back, assist the adopter in finding another home, or find a foster home until a permanent home can be found.
You are responsible for showing your felines to prospective adopters either in your home, at their home, or at one of our promotions such as pet shows and festivals where we show cats for adoption. Monthly show schedules are available on our Calendar.
You must register with the show coordinator before you can show your feline. Bring your own show cage or make arrangements in advance to borrow one from Cat Network, if available. You must wear a clean, unwrinkled CN shirt at all CN shows, and present a professional image at all times.
For more information, please call 305-255-3482, x 2 or email us.
To refer a cat for Adoption, you must complete our Foster Parent Application and return it to us for review.